- Mediation of complex cyber E&O claims arising out of malfunctioning of gaming platform resulting in loss totaling hundreds of millions of Euros, and favorable settlement for insurer.
- Represented insurer with respect to SEC insider trading investigation of a hedge fund and related lawsuits, culminating in disclaimers under one D&O policy and settlement of the claims under second policy.
- Assisted insurer with development of E&O professional liability program, including drafting coverage forms and endorsements for lawyers, securities broker-dealer, architects and engineers, MPL, and other policies.
- Obtained summary judgment for insurer based on no “occurrence” and late notice in action involving construction defects claim under a CGL policy. Transportation Ins. Co. v. AARK Construction Group, Ltd., 526 F. Supp. 2d 350 (E.D.N.Y. 2007)
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of insurer in complex additional insured coverage litigation of $50 million mold damage and bad faith claim under CGL policies issued to seven subcontractors.
- Obtained policy buy-out settlement on behalf of insurer after shopping mall developer demanded coverage, under D&O policy, for claims totaling $450 million in complex securities class action.
- Represented insurer with respect to thousands of World Trade Center inhalation claims under excess liability policies issued to contractor that performed post-9/11 clean-up.
Before joining Baute Crochetiere & Hartley, Mr. Drewniak worked with Winget, Spadafora & Schwartzberg, LLP, and Nixon Peabody LLP.
Mr. Drewniak graduated from the Fordham University School of Law in 1998, where he was Senior Articles Editor of the Fordham International Law Journal in 1997-98. He earned his bachelors degree in philosophy from Boston University, cum laude, in 1990, and a masters degree, also in philosophy, from Fordham University in 1995.