Art is a litigation generalist whose clientele includes manufacturers, professional athletes, and high net worth
individuals. Over the years, he has successfully resolved commercial disputes, class actions, property disputes, and assault claims. Art also handles complex professional liability insurance coverage matters for one of the world’s largest insurers. Before joining the Firm in 2017, Art worked primarily with governmental entities in a wide spectrum of matters, including personal injury, wrongful death, and civil rights.
Art graduated from Loyola Law School in 2014. He completed Loyola’s Civil Litigation and Advocacy Program, where he established a strong foundation in law and motion, civil procedure, and ethical lawyering. Art also completed the highly selective Hobbs District Attorney Clinic, where he conducted preliminary hearings in serious felony cases. In addition, Art served on Loyola’s Scott Moot Court Honors Board and externed for
Justice Norvell “Fred” Woods Jr. at the California Court of Appeal.
- Co-chaired a 4-week jury trial over property disputes resulting in a full defense verdict and a fee shifting award of over $1.1 million to his clients
- Represented tenants against an institutional landlord in a mold contamination lawsuit that settled for over $1.7 million
- Defended recreational vehicle manufacturer in a federal class action alleging major defects in vehicle frames, which settled as a single-plaintiff claim with favorable terms
- Represented trustee against a co-trustee in a complex fraud and embezzlement matter involving civil and probate claims that settled for over $6.5 million
- Represented patent holder against prominent IP law firm in a negligent patent prosecution matter that settled for over $8 million
- Defended affluent entrepreneur in a lawsuit alleging assault and battery settling for nuisance value
- Defended professional athlete in a lawsuit alleging sexual assault that settled for nuisance value
- Obtained summary judgment for Los Angeles County in a lawsuit involving death during workplace training
- Represented the Los Angeles District Attorney in a quo warranto action in civil court against a mayor, which included a sizeable attorneys’ fee award following an anti-SLAPP motion in response to mayor’s cross-complaint